Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Literally -- Franken

It's summer!! For me at least. So, I figured I'd post one of my new summer frankens. Ready?






It's orange!!! And it's named Literally, after an...interesting experience my friends and I had on my freshman marching band trip in high school. (Is that giving my age away too much?? Oh well.) St. Louis, FTW! It's kind of a long story, but to sum it up...let's just say that whenever my friends and I say "literally" we all burst out laughing.
Anyways, the color! A nice orange with silver shimmer/micro-glitter stuff...kind of in the same family as Something Unignorable. Not as much of it in Literally, though, I'd say. Or at least it's not as evident since the base is lighter.
The formula was really nice and even...the pictures are with two coats. A problem with a lot of frankens (for me, at least) is that they're too watery and turn out streaky or it drags around the cuticles. This was not one of them, thankfully.
The only problem with it, which isn't really a big deal (and which you can't tell from the pics) is that it's more of an autumn, pumpkin pie-type color. Which I don't mind, but come on...it's summer!! If you look at it from a different perspective than that, though, it's more of a summery tan-on-the-beach color. Which reminds me...I was originally going to name this Sunkissed Skin, as in Katy Perry's song California Gurls (the ULTIMATE summer song of...forever). I decided on Literally, though, cuz it has more memories attached. Plus, I don't have, nor have I ever had, nor will I PROBABLY ever have in my whole life, sunkissed skin. (Sidenote: my friends nicknamed me Vampire and Albino when I was in elementary school. Um, yeah. I'm pretty much as pale as they get.) So if I had named it that, I'd probably just feel depressed every time I looked at it.
Speaking of my pale skin, yesterday I sat out in the sun for one hour. ONE freakin' hour. I put on a shit-ton of SPF 30 beforehand. And I was fine...for a while. Then all of a sudden it's 9:00 pm...and I look in the mirror...what do ya know, my legs are bright red sunburnt. ONLY the back of my legs. Of course. Come on...really?! At least my face is fine though...I HATE walking around with a Rudolph nose, or worse, sunglasses lines...UGH! Anyways, kind of off track now, so I'll end it there for now.

Sincerely, Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment