Tuesday, June 21, 2011

As A Sophomore -- franken





Well hello world...I am officially back from vacation! And tying into that, this is an extra special franken I have to show you today. This is what I wore for the first half of my week in California. It's perfect. I love it. It's "As A Sophomore".
First off, the name. I got it from a Vampire Weekend lyric, from "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa". Love that song, so summery! And the name is also very special to me because (augh, the age thing again!) I'm going to be a sophomore this fall. If that isn't a tip-off to my age, I don't know what is. Anyways, I'm planning to wear this for the beginning of my soph year, but I just couldn't resist wearing this for vacation! It's just such a summer color...bright, slightly shimmery, blue. Reminded me of the ocean on a really clear day.
So I used base, 2 coats of this, and then Northern Lights Holo Silver top coat. (Normally I use Seche Vite, but I've been kinda weirded out by the chemicals in it...I mean if you look at the bottle it lists the whole "this contains a chemical known to cause birth defects yadda yadda etc..." and that kinda creeps me out!) And plus I was getting kinda sick of getting tip shrinkage and etc. with SV. So, I just didn't shake up my bottle of Northern Lights and kept all the glitter at the bottom. Worked pretty well, I'd say.
As you can see, this color is a perfect shimmery, turquoise-y blue. Formula was pretty nice. Completely opaque; almost kind of thick. Which proved to be kind of a downside, when this started chipping REALLY REALLY bad about 3 or 4 days into the trip. For this mani, I didn't do it all quick and half-assed...I actually wrapped my tips and all that stuff. It didn't make it the whole week, but whatever. I was getting restless not changing it anyways.
So, I thought it looked dang good. Probably my favorite franken I've made...or at least near the top of the list. I was checking out at Sephora (mwahaha) on the first day of the vacay, and the gal ringing my stuff up asked if I was wearing gel, because my nails were soo shiny!! I thought it was pretty funny.

So there's part 1 of my vacation nails...now, suspense until I post part 2!!

Sincerely, Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment