Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mascaras -- Maybelline One by One, the Falsies, and Rimmel London Lash Accelerator

Just a random post about one of my favorite things besides nail polish...MASCARA!

My usual is Rimmel London Lash Accelerator. Want a picture or two, then review?


(please don't mind the scary close-up-ness of the pics...or my scary eyebrows! I know, I need to fix em...)

Naturally, I have nice long eyelashes. But once I started using LA...wow. My lashes, even bare, were full, dark, long, lush. LA claims something like 80% (give or take) longer lashes immediately after using, and 117% longer lashes in a month or something like that. Truthfully? I don't know how to measure that, but I'd say it worked some pretty darn good magic. I started using it right after Christmas...I'm on my 2nd tube now. Love, love, love it. The brush is awesome...COMPLETELY non-clumpy, even, etc. And it doesn't take a million coats to make a difference...my pics are with one quick coat. Plus, they were taken at night, after a full day of wear...no flaking or anything. Pretty nice, right?!
Sidenote: eyeshadow used here is from my Urban Decay Naked palette...and no eyeliner (well, I always start out the day using UD 24/7 in some various color on my waterline, but at this point in the night I'm sure it had worn off!)

Now, for some other mascaras...Maybelline One by One and the Falsies Black Drama....both of the waterproof variety. This, I don't get to rave about as much...see for yourself.


(again, sorry the pics are so creepy looking!! Also, I have a teeny bit of UD 24/7 in Zero on my waterline...it was after a full day's wear (the eyeliner at least, not the mascara), so sorry it looks so bad!!!)

This is approximately 1.5 trillion coats of One by One and 1 coat of Falsies. So technically all you're seeing is the Falsies...which is all you'd see anyways, because ObO did NOTHING for me!!! I'm thinking it might be because of the brush, which is really nice at separating and defining lashes, but it doesn't put ANY color or anything on lashes! I wanted to love it, but couldn't. And then there's the Falsies...
This past fall, the Falsies (regular, not waterproof, not this "Black Drama" thing) was my regular go-to mascara. And it was okay. My lashes looked nice, but the problem was...flaking! It flakes so badly. And once my tube was used up, I saw this interesting looking Falsies Black Drama mascara. I was intrigued so I got it...not noticing it was waterproof. See, I'm not a waterproof mascara kinda gal, because if my mascara's waterproof, I have to use waterproof makeup remover, which irritates my eyes. Liquid makeup removers are terrible to me. Normally, I just use that Clinique Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (the lotion-type remover)...and it's awesome. Not irritating at all. That doesn't work on waterproof. But anyways, that's just another downside of this.
See how clumpy and weird it looks? I don't know if my Falsies is just an off tube or what, but that's how it is. It's so thick and gross. I don't know if maybe I just got 2 bad mascaras and these are normally very good, but neither of these worked for me. At all. I guess I'll be sticking to LA for now! ...

Anyways, what a totally random post. Haha. And sidenote, I purchased these for myself and these are my own personal opinions! So...

Sincerely, Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment