Wednesday, June 22, 2011

OPI Bling Dynasty

Just a random nail that I recently wore. OPI Bling Dynasty from their Hong Kong collection last spring.



(some of my frankens are visible in the background in the middle 2 pics...lol)
2 coats with Seche Vite. BD is a really nice gold...but it looks terrible on me. Yuck. With my skin tone, this type of gold does nothing for me. Ah well, I still love the color and the formula. Plus, the brush on this one seemed exceptionally nice for some reason....hmm. You know, I love the OPI ProWide brushes so so much. I wish every polish had them. They work so well.
This color was from the Spring 2010 Hong Kong collection. As individual colors, I loved a lot of the lacquers from the collection, but as a whole collection, I thought it was fairly forgettable. There were a lot of nice cremes, and shimmers too, but it just wasn't that memorable. Nevertheless, I so love this color, no matter how awful it looks on me. Speaking of which, some of my friends were looking through my polish collection a while back and doing their nails, and one of my tan friends used this polish...it looked SO good on her. I was totally jealous. Moral of the story: no matter how pretty they are, not all polishes work for everyone!

Sincerely, Cat

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh such a majestic shade! Maybe you can add some kind of glittery top coat or one of the shatter polishes to make it work for you? That's what I usually do with colors that don't look good straight up, and then they're not so bad anymore haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! A blue shatter would look nice over it!!

    ReplyDelete