Thursday, June 23, 2011

OPI Ogre-the-Top Blue with Silver Shatter





This is OPI Ogre-the-Top Blue with OPI Silver Shatter over it. I'll just say right away...I LOVE how this looks!! I tried to pick a color that: A, I haven't used; B, that's BRIGHT and will make a bit of a statement (although, truthfully, I change my polish every day and they range from glitters to neons to sheers...I'm pretty sure my nails always make a statement); and, C, was dark enough and would have enough contrast against the silver. OTTB accomplished all of that, I'd say.
I used 2 coats of OTTB, which was very nice, I might add. Good formula, brush, everything. I still can't believe I got it over a year ago and just got around to using it. Although I had used it on my toes last summer (as in a whole year ago!). Actually, I think it was over last year's 4th of July...? Anyways, onto Silver Shatter.
MAN I love it!! Way way better than Black Shatter, which, looking back, I don't even know why I bought 2 bottles of that (one as a backup)...I'm not even that crazy about it. Silver, though...wow. I love that it's like a cross between a foil and a glitter, and it's such a nice shade of silver. It crackled really, really nicely and I love that the blue really got to show through...with some of these recent crackles, you can't even really see the color underneath, and they really don't crack much at all. A lot of them, I've noticed (mostly the cremes) only really crackle vertically...this one crackled in every which way, into actual little groups, and I love that.
The downside to OTTB, though...it stained badly! One of my nails had a huge blue spot after removal that lasted a few weeks until I buffed my nails. Small price to pay, though.

Sincerely, Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment