Saturday, June 25, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Yellow Brick Road

Part 2 of my vacation nails! This was a polish that I bought at the beginning of the trip, and I used it midway through the week when As a Sophomore started chipping.



This is 4 coats, with Northern Lights top coat...very sheer; it's a true jelly. There's a lot of VNL, but I didn't care about that when I was putting this color on, I just wanted to make sure that it was dark enough that it didn't just look like discolored, yellowing nails. I think it turned out pretty good.
I'm a big fan of this color; even if you don't like yellows, you have to admit that it's completely unique. I've never, ever seen a polish that remotely resembles this one (maybe color-wise, but not formula-wise). You have to hand it to Deborah...her lacquers really push the limits, from her amazing glitters to her perfect jellies, and everything between.
Besides the sheerness, application was wonderful. It wasn't streaky, and I know some people just like a sheer bit of color on their nails, so 2-3 coats could definitely be pulled off.
All in all, this color was worth it to me...Lippmanns are expensive but worth every cent! Every one that I've tried has an impeccable formula; the colors are unique and innovative; the brushes are perfect and personally, I've never gotten a defective one; even the bottles are beautiful. I hate to admit this, but...on the trip I bought 6 Lippmanns...and a MAC...and a Sephora by OPI...and also a bunch of Urban Decay makeup...my wallet really, really hates me right now. Ah well, summer vacations happen once a year...gotta take advantage of them!!

Sincerely, Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment