Monday, August 1, 2011

weekend haul...

I usually don't do these but ouch...my wallet hurts...

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette (I HAD TO HAVE IT)
UD 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Siren
UD 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Woodstock
UD 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Radium
UD 24/7 Concealer Pencil in CIA
UD Grind House (the little scraper stick thing in my other one broke...but I have a few Grind Houses now so whatever)
Philosophy Lip Shine in Frosted Animal Crackers (YUM)
Philosophy Under the Big Top Set
Sephora by OPI Frankly, I Don't Give A-Dam (I mostly got this for the name, haha)
Sephora by OPI Base Coat
Chanel Peridot (my first Chanel!)
Deborah Lippmann Superstar
Deborah Lippmann Lara's Theme
Deborah Lippmann Stormy Weather
Deborah Lippmann Billionaire
Deborah Lippmann Single Ladies
Deborah Lippmann Brick House

...ugh.

Thank the heavens Nordstrom has their sale going on...the Lippmanns were buy 2 get 1 free (so were Butter London, but I really didn't care about those). Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten all of those. In fact, none of them are really "must-haves"...but I wanted to drop some cash today, so.
The Nordy exclusive Lippmann set this year is SUCH a disappointment...it's the Get This Party Started set, and it's just Happy Birthday (and basically everyone in the world has either that one or one of the millions of copies of it) and two rehashes of it, one in a pink base and one in a black base. Last year's set was freaking amazing...the All That Jazz set. Three totally unique, amazing glitters. This year? No. So I guess it was actually a good thing...I saved like $50 (with the goshdarn tax, that's how much it would be, yuck).
I was SO CLOSE to buying the Le Metier set at Nordy's...I'm glad I didn't though. The only one I really wanted was the holo. The other 3 are blah. And it's so overpriced for the tiny bottles, seriously I mean they're smaller than a freaking OPI mini, and you can get a set of 4 of those for 10 freakin dollars, the Le Metier set was 25 for four teeny bottles...and one was a boring berry shimmer...pass!
The UD palette...ugh. I couldn't resist. I don't even know why I really bought it, but I mean...it's a limited edition UD palette! How could I not get it?!
And the UD liquid liners...I freakin love em. I've worn Siren (teal with a purple flash) the past two days and it's amazing. Not really sure why I bought Woodstock...super bright fuchsia liquid liner? Well I love it either way. The brushes are awesome...I totally suck at putting on liquid liner but these are a breeze. It practically applies itself.
So, I'm uber excited about the stuff I bought...and now that I've seen all the fall collections, all I can say now is...bring on the winter collections ;)

Sincerely, Cat

2 comments:

  1. I ordered the UD palette. It was a moment of weakness. I'm going to franken the Get This Party Started set. I think it's ok, but not worth paying for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid UD...they're so darn irresistible :) Get This Party Started...yeah. Totally frankenable. And now that every brand has their own Happy Birthday, it's easier than ever!

    ReplyDelete