Let me just start out by saying...yellows are IMPOSSIBLE to franken! Trying to make this was a total hassle and it didn't even turn out exactly how I wanted it to.
This is one of my new (I made it like a week ago!) frankens, Making Banana Pancakes. The name isn't even final yet...I haven't labelled my new bottles. So it's subject to change. I do know for sure the name will be from Jack Johnson's song Banana Pancakes...obviously it is right now, but I also considered naming it Pretend Like It's the Weekend but I thought that would be kinda dumb. Anywho.
I was aiming for a unique yellow shimmer because companies never really seem to make any true yellow shimmers...and now I know why. First off, I wanted a base color that was true yellow (not too green, not too orange) but I DIDN'T want a pastel, but at the same time I didn't want like, a bold canary yellow. That part worked out ok...it's not too pastel, not too school bus colored.
Second, I wanted noticeable SHIMMER! This is where the problems started. See, most of the polishes that have really awesome shimmer that I use for a lot of frankens (like OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous, SOPI Lagoon-a Beach, etc) have colored bases that affected the yellow color. I did, in the end, get some shimmer in, but because it's so light, it doesn't stand out enough from the base. It doesn't stand out much, but you can slightly tell it's there.
And then there was application. See, it was actually quite good...you can definitely get away with 2 coats, but I went for 3. I used my usual coat of Seche Vite, but then of course...I started smudging basically every nail. Urgghh. So, being me, I decided (very stupidly!) to just do another coat over the smudges, and then more SV, which made everything super thick and gross. And then I continued to smudge them and repeat the process.
All in all, I do like the color and application was not bad besides my own personal mistakes. Next time I'm definitely going to be more careful and it should be a breeze!