Monday, November 21, 2011

Sephora by OPI Sin-cerely Violet


with flash

without flash
This is Sephora by OPI Sin-cerely Violet, from the SOPI fall collection. When I first passed this over from the fall collection, I instantly regretted it, because I have nothing like it. So, now that I've finally bought it, I'll admit...although it's nice, it's nothing to flip out over.
I used 2 coats here, and one of Seche Vite. A little bit streaky, not too bad though. The problem is that this color is too light...especially for my super pale skin! It gave me total lobster hands, and it was just not a good color on me. I love the idea, and how it looks in the bottle...light lavender with a really pretty gold shine...but on me it looked way too pale, almost kind of white-ish, and it fell flat.
So, I'm still glad I got this, and I like it, but it's not like it's some kind of hidden treasure, for me, anyways. I'm sure I'll wear this again sometime...I was thinking it might be good for a pedi, but actually I think it'd be too light even for that..hmm.

Sincerely, Cat

2 comments:

  1. It looks like such a pretty color. I'm sorry you end up not liking it :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it isn't that I don't like it, I just...I don't know, it wasn't what I expected, maybe. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete