Friday, November 25, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Glitter In the Air with Sephora by OPI Slushied




Happy Black Friday! Again, I don't have anything festive or themed or anything, but...meh.
I've been waiting to use Glitter in the Air until I found a perfect color to wear under it...I'm pretty satisfied with what I came up with.
This is 2 coats of Sephora by OPI Slushied, with 2 coats of Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air, and one coat of Seche Vite. I've used Slushied before, and I love it. It's the perfect shade of bright blue, and the application is great. Last time I wore it, I think I wore Black Shatter over it, and it looked really cool. Anyways.
I wanted a color that kind of mimicked the bottle color of GITA. Slushied is quite a bit darker, but it still worked. Since GITA is in a milky base, it lightened Slushied a little bit. The problem I had with GITA, besides getting enough glitter on each nail, was making it even on each nail. It looked a little streaky at first, but after 2 coats of it it looked better.
Not sure if you can tell, but I have MASSIVE sheet marks on my middle finger, lol! Seriously, you could feel the huge ridges in it...you could totally make out a whole fingerprint on my nail, haha. I think I managed to mostly hide it in the pics.
I do like how this looked. I felt like I was wearing cotton candy on my hands...dream come true, lol!

Sincerely, Cat

2 comments: