Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sephora by OPI Midnight Mambo



Can't believe I haven't used this one yet!! This is Sephora by OPI Midnight Mambo, a chunky blue-based glitter (or as I like to call them "oatmeal glitters," since they have a thick texture much like...oatmeal). It's in the same vein as SOPI's Looks Like Rain, Dear (or as my bottle of it's called, Worth My Weight), and that black one they had for Halloween...ugh, can't remember the name. I missed out on it though.
So it's a thick blue base filled with small silver glitter and bigger pieces of holo glitter. Simple enough, right?
Application on this was...really thick. Ugh, I'm using that word to describe everything in this post, haha, but that's the best way to put it. I used two coats and I don't think you could do much more than that or it would be way too thick (that word!...lol). Maybe some people could get it in one coat, but I didn't think one was enough.
And, like many glitters before it, it's terribly bumpy and grainy before top coat. Even after I used a thick coat of Seche Vite, it was completely lumpy and weird looking, but I didn't feel like putting on more top coat so I gave up. Which, actually, it looked fine so whatever.
I kept this on for like 3 or 4 days because I was absolutely DREADING removal. Which I avoided by...peeling all of the polish off. Mwahhaha. Peeling is my downfall. Of course it left my nails kinda gross and dry looking but I find that better than scrubbing at my nails for a million hours. And surprisingly, it didn't start to lift off my nails before I removed it...you know how glitters tend to do that? I had a teeny bit of tipwear but no big chips or anything...how odd.
Before this I hadn't worn a plain glitter in a long long long time. I guess since the OPI Katy Perry ones came out at...what, beginning of February? I just despise removing them and I always peel them which leaves my nails all weak and then they chip and blah blah blah. That's why I used this while my nails were shorter. No nail breakage!
And now I'm getting the glitter fever again and want to wear every glitter I own non-stop. Oh no...

Sincerely, Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment