Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Nicki Minaj nails! OPI Pink Friday and Save Me

Nicki Minaj's new album dropped yesterday!! YAY! I'm a huge fan of her, so of course to celebrate Roman Reloaded I did some Nicki inspired nails!




Most of my pics today are close-ups, since my closer up pics turned out better and show it more.
2 coats of Pink Friday, 2 coats of Save Me, 1 coat of Seche Vite. I used minis, and it sucked. Sooo bad. I had so much trouble, it was just ridiculous. I really wish I had full sizes of these instead of minis, because it's not the formula that sucked; it was the brushes. Oh lord. I had to dip my brush AT LEAST 3-4 times per nail, and it was a streaky mess. Making it worse, the caps of these bottles (I've noticed this in all of my more recent OPI minis) don't screw on right. It took me at least 5 minutes to get the cap off of Save Me. I almost gave up. Ugh.
Despite the crappy application, I do think it turned out good. It's pretty dazzling. I've gotten a lot of compliments on this mani...one of my favorites was my friend who told me that these look like "party nails!" Great way to put it. Another friend also told me she loves the "stringy glitter."
Pink Friday is a pretty basic pink, the sort of pink I like...bright and bubblegum-y, not too dark or too light. Save Me is great; tiny silver glitter with blue bar glitter and holo bar glitter thrown in. So unique. Will probably need a full bottle. OPI did a great job on this collec!!

Sincerely, Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment