Sunday, April 15, 2012

OPI Jade is the New Black w/ Nails Inc the Donmar & OPI I Lily Love You





My latest obsession: layering with flakies! The only real flakies I own though are Nails Inc the Donmar and OPI I Lily Love You, so I've been putting those two over like every color I own, lol...here's one of my recent combos that I was totally drooling over (and a bunch of my friends were, too!)
Here's 2 coats of OPI Jade is the New Black, 1 coat of the Donmar, and 1 coat of I Lily Love You. I'd only used Jade I think once, which was two years ago when it came out, and I used it for layering...but it's a really nice polish. Pretty shade, good formula. Donmar and Lily are good as always...I've used both in the past before.
So, this combination is pretty stunning, I'd say. At first I was just gonna stop with Jade and Donmar, but it just wasn't enough bling, so I added Lily...wow. Lily is what really makes it. There's so many different colors of flakies, since Donmar is mostly orange-ish with a green flash, and Lily is a sheer pink base with confetti-like flakes in it. Lily also darkened the base color just a teensy bit, since it is really lightly colored.
I got a lot of compliments on this...most were people asking if these were my prom nails (my prom is this coming Saturday and everyone's freaking out about nails and all that stuff lately). I told them no since my dress is purple and this doesn't exactly go with that...but I've been told I should wear this anyways because it's so pretty. I've considered it, but all I know for sure is that I WILL be using Donmar and Lily for sure. I might wear Illamasqua Baptiste or my franken As a Sophomore underneath...who knows. I've been trying out some different flakie combos and trying to decide. I'll figure it out eventually...lol.

Sincerely, Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment