Tuesday, January 24, 2012

OPI Not Like the Movies with OPI Significant Other Color









Here's some recent experimental layering I did...this is OPI Not Like the Movies, with Significant Other Color.
Since NLtM is duochrome-y, I wanted to try to make it even MORE duochrome-y by adding SOC...yeah, didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. Still turned out kinda cool, though.
I started off with 2 coats of NLtM, which is a duochrome silver that flashes pink and green and has silver microglitter in it. I had hoped one coat of SOC would bring out the pink and green flashes, but it actually sort of masked it. It still looked cool...it turned out as a pale silver with slight green and pink tones. SOC also pretty much covered up the little microglitter in NLtM. I do like how it looks, but NLtM is definitely more duochrome-y without SOC, and SOC stands out more over darker colors.
I remember I wore Significant Other Color once by itself last year...like 4 coats, and it wasn't even close to opaque, but it was still really cool...in some light it was this boring purple-pink, and then it hit the right light and BAM...green. Like I said, though, it looks good over darker colors. And Not Like the Movies was my Valentine's mani last year, with a coat of Nicole Love Your Life (or whatever it's called)...the pink heart-shape glitter. That mani wasn't too bad. Speaking of which, I even have a picture of it on my phone from last year...
Yeah, like blurriest pic ever, lol. So weird I still have that. I mean, Feb 14, 2011! Wow!! And looking through my phone pics...wow, a lot of random nail pics, haha. I have like the whole OPI Texas collection pics saved. Dang, I loved that collection. So much. That was a great one. Big Hair, Big Nails...I'm gonna have to wear that one again soon. Great color. Love it.

Anyways, now that that reminiscing is over...

Sincerely, Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment