Friday, January 6, 2012

Belated NYE mani (FLAKIES!) : OPI Merry Midnight and Nails Inc. the Donmar










So, since New Year's Eve was one week ago from tomorrow, I figured I should probably get my mani from that night posted eventually...lol. I wanted to do something different than how I usually do my nails, and, seriously, who doesn't love flakies? I think it's already apparent that flakies are gonna be having a big year coming up, so why not kick off 2012 with them?
I started off with OPI Merry Midnight (because, obviously, the name is perfect for NYE!). I considered stopping after that...it was already really pretty and flaky...but then I thought about my still-unused bottle of Nails Inc the Donmar and how beautiful that would look paired with it. So, on went Donmar.
What you see here is three coats of Merry Midnight, one coat of Donmar, and one coat of Seche Vite. You can really get away with 2 coats of MM, but I wanted to max out the flaky prettiness of it and make sure it was a dark enough purple that there'd be enough of a contrast with Donmar. What I really like about this is that the flakes in MM are red, and in Donmar they obviously shift color, from red-orange to vibrant green, so you can see the red flakies peeking up through the green. Plus, MM has pretty little pieces of glitter and other random stuff in it, which adds even more to this mani.
So...flakies! I took like a million pictures of this, and I had a super difficult time choosing which pictures showed it off best. My pics without flash turned out best, but they only really showed off the green flash of the flakies. Oh well. Still love, love, love this.

What a mani to kick off 2012!

Sincerely, Cat

5 comments: